5% potassium hydroxide solution for local application on skin
Treatment of Molluscum contagiosum(1) (2)
Molluscum contagiosum is a benign and highly contagious viral skin ailment, generally affecting the skin and sometimes the mucosa, and which has been constantly increasing over the past 10 years, particularly in children with atopic skin (3).
Molutrex is very simple to use: 1 to 2 applications daily until redness appears (usually after 2 to 10 days). No rinsing required. It can be used on the face and body (except around the eyes and on the mucosa) in adults and children over the age of 2 years.
Class IIa medical device
This medical device is a regulated heath product bearing the "CE" marking according to the terms of these regulations.
3 ml bottle with 2 applicators
- Skin type Molluscum contagiosum
- Galenic 5% potassium hydroxide solution for topical skin application
- When 1 application per day. During 2 to 10 days, until inflammation occurs.
- Benefits Medical device for the treatment of Molluscum Contagiosum
- Presentation 3 ml bottle with 2 applicators
5% Potassium Hydroxide, Purified water
(1) T. Jansen, R. Romiti – Evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of 5% Potassium Hydroxide Solution in the treatment of Molluscum contagiosum in Childhood – Clinic of Dermatology – Sao Paulo – Brazil – Akt Dermatol – 2007.
(2) R. Romiti, M.D. – Treatment of Molluscum contagiosum with Potassium Hydroxide: A clinical Approach in 35 children – Departement of Dermatology – Sao Paulo – Brazil – Pediatric Dermatology – 1999
(3) Justin Brown, M.D- Childhood molluscum contagiosum - International Journal of Dermatology 2006,
Instructions for use
1/ Before the first use:
Replace the bottle cap with the childproof cap equipped with the brush. This box also contains a fine applicator for more precise application on the very small molluscum contagiosum.
2/ Applying Molutrex:
Open the bottle, place it on a flat surface to prevent spillage and dip the brush or the fine applicator into the solution. Wipe off any excess from the brush or the fine applicator on the rim of the bottle to prevent drop forming.
Use the brush or the fine applicator to apply the product free of excess to the Molluscum contagiosum, without bringing it into contact with healthy skin.
Dip the brush or the fine applicator into the product again every 2 or 3 applications. Securely replace the childproof cap after each use.
Leave it to dry. When using on a child, ensure that the child does not touch the treated area while the product is drying.
4/ Repeat application 1 or 2 times per day:
Repeat application on the same Molluscum contagiosum for several days until inflammation (redness) occurs, which is usually after 2-10 days.
5/ Ceasing application:
Cease applying Molutrex to a particular Molluscum contagiosum when inflammation occurs. This is a sign that the Molluscum contagiosum papule will disappear after 2 to 6 weeks.
IMPORTANT: Do not apply the product to the same Molluscum contagiosum for more than 14 days. If no improvement is seen, notify your doctor.
PRECAUTIONS DURING USE AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS DURING USE:
This product MUST NOT BE USED:
- on mucous membranes or around the eyes
- on children under 2 years of age
- in the event of an allergy to any of the ingredients
- on infected or inflamed Molluscum contagiosum
- on regular warts or other type of skin growth
WARNINGS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS DURING USE:
IMPORTANT ! This product may be corrosive if used inappropriately. Ensure that it never comes into contact with healthy skin. Wash your hands after every application.
- Do not use on mucous membranes or around the eyes, on open wounds or on scratched skin.
- If breast-feeding, do not to use on parts of the body that could come into contact with the baby.
- Do not use on patients with acute atopic eczema
- Do not use on persons with a deficient immune system.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
- In case of contact with skin around Molluscum contagiosum, rinse with water.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse abundantly with water for 15 minutes and consult a doctor.
- In case of contact with your fingers, do not rub your eyes or your mucous membranes. Wash your hands immediately.
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS OR QUESTIONS, ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST
This product may be corrosive
This leaflet contains must be read carefully before use.
Can be used on the face and body (except around the eyes and on the mucosa)
Easy to use with the two applicators
A 5% potassium hydroxide solution
for topical skin application in adults
and children over the age of 2 years.
Medical device for the treatment of molluscum contagiosum
No r&d without a patient-oriented focus
All of our products are developed with consideration for the real needs of men and women.
No needless ingredients
Our skincare products consist of recognised and useful active substances.
No innovation without added value
ACM has its own integrated R&D laboratory. We have filed 5 patents over the past 5 years.
No claims without real effectiveness
Each product benefit is demonstrated through testing, in accordance with our values of transparency and honesty.
We all deservehealthy skin